Featured Online Strategy MBA Schools
University of the Southwest - MBA - Strategic Management
Grand Canyon University - M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
Walden University - Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) - Strategies for Sustainability
Walden University International - Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) - Strategies for Sustainability
Globalization and technological innovation provides numerous advantages and lofty challenges for companies around the world. As a result, business leaders are looking for employees with a traditional or online Master of Business Administration in strategy to confront these challenges with new action plans aimed at creating financial growth. The best strategy MBA online programs are designed to teach students current corporate strategy so they can address major issues like technology implementation, social media outreach and personnel turnover. An accredited online Master of Business Administration in strategy also teaches students how to succeed in competitive markets and manage the internal operations of companies while adhering to lawful and ethical corporate standards.
Top strategy MBA online programs focus on the creation of comprehensive plans that regulate everything from human resources to public relations. Often, online MBA strategy programs have students reference the growth strategies of the world’s most successful companies so they can analyze the common actions they take to expand their business. An online MBA in strategy will help graduates look at the bigger picture of business, managing large-scale logistical matters as well as more intimate challenges like workforce management.
Students who are interested in global marketing tactics, corporate policy reform and financial risk assessment should consider enrolling in an online MBA program in strategy.
Some additional traits that are common amongst many online MBA strategy students are:
A strategy MBA degree online takes approximately the same time to earn as any other online MBA. This degree normally takes two years of full-time schooling to complete. But, some institutions offer part-time or accelerated programs that give students the ability to complete the course under a timeframe that suits their schedule.
Accredited online MBA strategy programs typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree prior to gaining admission in the MBA program. Some schools that have an MBA strategy online program favor applicants who have degrees in related fields like strategic management, logistics, operations research, and business administration.
The following criteria are also used by many online MBA in strategy programs in making admissions decisions including:
MBA strategy online programs are structured so that entering students solidify a foundation of essential business knowledge before moving on to advanced management courses. Classes required in the first year of a strategy degree typically detail accounting and finance, leadership, business ethics and professional communications.
Once the basic business requirements are satisfied, MBA online strategy programs shift their focus to courses covering global trade and management theory. Tenured students of online strategy MBA schools can also expect to take course about strategy formulation and execution, change management and global enterprise.
Often students enrolled in online strategy MBA programs do an internship during the course of their education. These internships can be very beneficial. Through them, students get an opportunity to put their knowledge into practical use. They also often make useful business contacts.
Books that may prove to be on point for students interested in strategy MBA careers include:
1. Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance (Michael E. Porter) – Students enrolled in strategy MBA schools online will appreciate the refreshing simplicity of Porter’s book, which breaks down the individual operations of large businesses into sections and reminds future strategists that the most successful businesses streamline the interaction between corporate activities.
2. Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning (Thomas H. Davenport and Jeanne G. Harris) – This book outlines how qualitative and statistical analysis will help future business leaders predict the most profitable customer markets, optimize their supply chains and create better product innovation.
3. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap . . . and Others Don’t (Jim Collins) – This book examines common practices of some of the largest businesses in the world, such as pioneering new technology and instituting a culture of entrepreneurship, in order to determine why certain businesses survive the marketplace while others don’t.
4. The Lords of Strategy (Walter Kiechel) – Through the stories of four men credited with founding the corporate consulting industry – Bruce Henderson, Bill Bain, Fred Gluck and Michael Porter – this book explores the origins of business strategy.
5. Driven: Business Strategy, Human Actions and the Creation of Wealth (Joel Litman and Mark L. Frigo) – This collection of case studies examines the business plans of multiple consulting firms to shine a light on what factors determine a business’s success.
The national employment of corporate strategists and other business operations specialists accounts for approximately 967,000 jobs in the U.S., which is relatively small compared to other industries but very promising in terms of current and future job forecasts. The median strategy MBA salary is around $64,000, but these figures differ among professions:
Accredited online strategy MBAs and high online strategy MBA rankings are becoming increasingly important because of the potentially sizable employment growth projected in this field. Positions responsible for controlling business costs, including cost estimators and management analysts, are expected to see between 22% and 36% growth as companies look to spread their assets more efficiently in the global marketplace.
Many employers prefer graduates who have earned their degrees from a program that has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB accredited strategy MBA programs are thought to provide students with a quality education.